Injured in an accident?
FIND OUT IF YOU HAVE A CASE TODAY
FOR YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Makarone Law PC
Personal Injury Lawyers for Accident Victims living in Algonquin, Berwyn and Quincy
When you or a loved one suffers injury in an accident that was caused by the careless, intentional, or negligent behavior of another person, you may have grounds to file a personal injury claim or pursue compensation in a personal injury lawsuit. These types of cases allow injury victims to collect monetary damages from the at-fault party that caused their injuries. When residents of Algonquin, Berwyn and Quincy need that kind of legal assistance, the personal injury lawyers of the Makarone Law PC Firm are prepared to evaluate their case and help them get back on the road to recovery.
Makarone Law PC
No Two Personal Injury Law Firms are the same
Just as no two personal injury cases and clients are alike, neither are the law firms and their personal injury lawyers. It’s important to understand that the personal injury lawyer that you hire to litigate your case will likely determine its outcome. Therefore, it’s very important to hire a personal injury lawyer in Algonquin, Berwyn and Quincy that has extensive experience and expertise in cases similar to yours. Furthermore, they should have a history of successful outcomes in the courtroom as well as at the negotiating table.
Tips for Maximizing Your Settlement
Getting injured in any type of accident can be a traumatic experience that leaves you with mounting medical expenses and other bills. To make matters worse, you’re may be unable to work and pay for those mounting expenses. In addition to the physical injuries and the pain associated with them, there is the emotional pain and financial stress that is attached. All of this takes its toll when you are trying to recover and put the pieces of your life back together.
Here are all the key things the personal injury lawyers of Makarone Law PC will get you to maximize the compensation you deserve:
- Get medical attention immediately following your accident – Never assume that just because you aren’t feeling any pain that you don’t need to get examined.
- Contact a Makarone Law PC personal injury lawyer – The road to emotional, financial, and physical wellness starts here. This is probably the most significant step you can take to maximizing the amount of your settlement.
- Be sure to continue treatment if it’s warranted – Never stop getting the medical care you need until the treating physician has released you from his or her care. Stopping necessary treatment could be harmful in the long term as well as the short term.
- Gather all the evidence you can – Remember, a personal injury lawsuit is only as strong as the evidence that’s presented in your favor. A copy of the PD report, photos of the scene, surveillance videos, and witness information can help build a strong case.
- Decide on a settlement amount – It’s always good to have a number in mind before starting negotiations or going into the courtroom.
- Avoid posting on social media platforms – Your story belongs in the hands of your Makarone Law PC personal injury lawyer – NOT your news feed on Facebook or other social media platforms! The insurance companies and their lawyers love to find evidence on these sites that can be used against you.